Dr. Albers and Dr. Dibra will present comprehensive coverage and direct clinical application of conservative and operative interdisciplinary care regarding ankle and foot care.
This course is designed to combine the expertise of the surgeon and physical therapist, giving course participants access to the complete process of pre-op, operative, and post-op protocols, and how to apply clinical reasoning to make an effective treatment plan. It will take begin at 8:00 am CST and finish at 1:30 pm CST.
This activity has been approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 5.50 CCUs for PTs and PTAs.
- Ankle and foot anatomy
- Understanding of common pathologies of the ankle and foot and the healing process
- Appropriate rehab intervention techniques for various diagnoses, including acute, chronic, and post-op care
- Understanding of differential diagnoses techniques for the ankle and foot when evaluating a patient
- Understanding of when surgical interventions are warranted and how they are performed
- Increased awareness of the customizing of shoe inserts and when they are warranted
- Awareness of how to open and run a successful PT private practice
- Provide up-to-date treatment from diagnosis, surgical interventions, and follow up therapy.